Tuesday, September 20, 2005

My so not a vegetarian 4 year old

Today I picked up one of those rotisserie chickens at the store, (ok, I feel like I have to justify that statement--it was lunchtime, and freshly cooked, I was tired, I was weak and it was only $4.48, and hey, they're pretty good.)

Molly ate up both of the "drumsticks", or as she called them--the legs. The whole time she was eating, she was saying. . .MMMM. ..that's some good chicken.

A half an hour later, she comes to me and says Mom, can I have some more chicken? I said sure, I would get it after I finished putting Whitney down for a nap. Sooooo... 2 hours later, she finds her way back to me (I always manage to forget. . . hmmm, funny how that happens), holding the chicken package in her hand, and says, "HELLLLOOOO, bemember--she always says it that way:)--you were gonna get me some chicken? And this time, (as she begins to make a sawing motion on her body, with her eyes wide and crazy) I want the arm!!!"

6 comments:

Lorien said...

That's my kinda girl! We always examine the cartilage on the ends of the bones and wave at each other with the joints when we're finished with those chickens (yes, I buy them occasionally too.) (Did you know they go on sale late at night? Mmmmmm.)

Once I took my 7 year old to the meat counter and we just looked at all the weird stuff like tongue, tripe, feet (cut in cross-section--very cool!) etc. Makes for an interesting shopping trip.

Christy said...

Sometimes we troll Sam's around closing time to see if we can get a free one. I'm a breast gal, myself. Mmmmm...that's some good chicken booby.
I should probably not submit this comment. But, I will.

Bek said...

I LOVE roast chicken from the deli. It is the fastest alternitive to fast food in my house.

Cute story!

Sister Pottymouth said...

My almost-6-year-old gets so frustrated when I tell him I'll help him as soon as I get his baby brother down for a nap. Like you, I always forget what it is I promised, and it always makes him so "ignoyed" with me. And that roast chicken from the deli is SOOOOO yummy! To *&!@# with vegitarians.... I'm gettin' me a chicken arm!

~j. said...

When I go to Cafe Rio, I get the steak salad, but lately I've had to get it with two sides of steak because Rae & Em constantly badger me for "the bife" (they speak-a the spanish, you know). They always want more bife. I don't really blame them, it's good stuff. They're not as eager to try my tofu.

wendysue said...

waving at each other with the joints, good chicken booby, and bife, I just love blogging. . .