Monday, June 04, 2007

rain, rain go away.

Ugh. I love the rain, really I do. My grass loves it, I don't have to water, my plants love it, my kids love to splash in it. Unfortunately, my 1937 built, patched again and again, foundation of my house doesn't. We've been having these massive thunderstorms that blow in, pour for about 10 minutes, then run off like a bad boyfriend.

That means water for us.

We always get a little here and there and we're used to that, but tonight has done it. I'm finished. As I was moving all the wet junk I moved some small cans of old paint that need to go away (but they're full and I can't throw them out, latex and all, blah, blah, blah), but anyWHO, I moved them and the TOPS of them were covered in water. Now we have an idea of how fast the water was moving in that area. 3 out of the 4 corners got it bad. Tomorrow all the foundation repairing, replacing people will be loving to hear from me: panicked, frustrated homeowner, willing to pay whatever, just come and take care of it and promise me no more late nights of wet-vac-ing up the carpet and flooring again!!

I wonder if DQ is still open for a peanut-buster-parfait?

6 comments:

wendysue said...

Ok, I just checked the weather forecast and it's supposed to rain,
Wednesday
Saturday
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
AND
Wednesday

I best get out my waders.

Christy said...

We went out last night just before the downpour started. We were supposed to have a graduation party at Antelope Park. It was a major deluge by the time we got there.

I just had to comment because to make up for the fact that the kids weren't going to be playing on the slide we made a little side trip. We went to the local DQ. Yum.

Rachel said...

I've read that you can mix latex paint with kitty litter, let it dry and then throw it out. We also have paint to get rid of and I need to get some kitty litter and try it. Once it's dry, it's ok to throw away.

lisa v. clark said...

I think this job calls for one of the new chocolate covered strawberry chocolate-dipped waffle cone bowls.

Don't mess around.

Carrot Jello said...

Ah the joys of living in an old house. Your house is two years older than mine.

kiki said...

One of my friends in DFW recently had to redo his foundation, and the story was so frightening, it made me want to never own a house. So, much luck with the house!