Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Progress. . .

No, not in the baby department, in the house department!!

After our big waterproofing last fall, we needed to fix up our main room in the basement (rec room/family room/craft room/play room, etc.), so paneling was pulled off, glorified-cardboard/particle board ceiling pulled down, recessed lighting added since we have 2 incredibly small windows in there, drywall, paint, trim and now carpet!!
Of course I didn't take any "before" pictures so the best I could come up with was the photos from when we had our tornado warning. . .




Here's a look at that fabulous wood paneling! Not only wood paneling, but REAL wood paneling (I guess this was before "fake" wood paneling was cool.)


and now for the new!!
Boo! Maddie! Caught you by surprise.

And of course, what is the room best for (before it's all filled up?), Cartwheels and somersaults!!

And now for the "compromise". . .


When Whitney's room was finished, we had painted it a fabulous pink/pink/with a stripe , and as soon as we were done, Matt said "you know that this means that we're having a boy next". . .little did we know it could be that easy!!


So, what to do? I decided we'd just split the room. . .


Quite fabulous if I do say so myself, and once again, completely stolen from a pottery barn catalog idea.


9 comments:

Jon Conradt said...

Wow!

Lisa said...

That looks so cool! You've redone that whole house~! I love the blue/pink room!!!

canihavethisdance said...

The family room looks awesome.
I love what you did with the blue/pink room!

Gina said...

I love it! We're doing the boy/girl share thing too, posts on it later!

Portly said...

Wow! That basement is fabulous! We need a girls night down there, after of course this boy is here and settled. The bedroom is too darn cute. LOVE the paint colors. I need a tour of your house someday...

The CEO said...

Oh my goodness! The house looks fantastic. Keep us posted on the baby progress, too!

Bek said...

That is great! The room looks awesome. I wish I had thought of that. We have a boy/girl split (Cubby and No) and we stuck with ORANGE. :-) I like the half and half better...

I love the basement too. You guys have done so much to that house. Bravo. We don't have enough furniture for our LR and it sits empty. The kids LOVE it in there...

Maddy is SO BIG (and tall and pretty---) She is a young lady and not a kid any more... what happened?

Mary Ann Carlile said...

LOVE it! What a great idea for the younger 2...I want the entire tour when I come back! Hope you are doing well:)

Elizabeth said...

wow guys, this looks amazing!! nice work!