Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Dancing with "MY" STAR!!


Big bonus points for the hubby this Valentines Day!


I opened my card (was impressed that I got it before my head hit the pillow tonight)


Here's what it had. . .


Confirmation of registration for a BYU Continuing Ed course in . . . . .


Ballroom Dancing!!



Now, here's some background. I'm a dancer. LOVE to dance. L.O.V.E. to dance. I took all the classes at BYU and was even on one of the ballroom dance teams.


Matt is a fantastic basketball player. Not so much a dancer. Not a whole lot of rhythm. He tries, and lets me lead.


He did take ballroom dance lessons once to surprise me for our wedding, and he did pretty good.


Still, I miss ballroom dancing, REALLY dancing, not just the stuff you get at the adult church dances.


So, HERE is what the plans are. . .


We're going to this


I can hardly wait. It's a week of dance lessons, dinners, parties. . .(my kids will be staying with my Mom in Tooele--just about 1 hour away--so we COULD go to "visit" if we needed to, but we won't!) We've never been away from the kids, just the two of us. I don't think even for a night? Maybe once.


And did you happen to scroll down to check out the instructors for this?


World-champion couples!


And did you notice or recognize the names Tony Dovolani and Elena Grinenko? Yeah, that would be them, from Dancing with the stars! If they can get those stars to dance, they can get MY star to dance!!


I love this gift, especially because it's something that Matt knows I love and I miss, and I wish he could do. . . .


excuse me, I need to dust off my dancin' shoes!


2, 3, cha, cha, cha. . .


p.s. I'll be there June 25-after July 4 sometime. . .let's plan a blogger party!!

19 comments:

Christy said...

Holy crap. That's fantastic! I'm so excited for you.

I'm lucky that Carl loves to dance. I'm going to keep telling myself this while I look at my present---a tape measure! ;)

Kristi said...

WOWSERS!! What an awesome Valentine's Day present! You guys are going to have a blast!!

BTW, I got pulled aside by my Bishop tonight. I should have ran the other way. Looks like I'll have to post my own plea for roadshow help!

Audra said...

Wow! and my husband 'forgot' today was vday until I bought myself a spa package at center stage and he saw it on our bank account- when he asked what that was for...I told him it was my gift from him! It works - but yours is so cool! I can't dance- John can't either... but its fun to watch!
Hey email me or give me your email so that I can forward you some ideas a few of us thought up for the road show...we were just brainstorming one night. thanks
audra@kdsi.net

wendysue said...

Christy--you ARE lucky Carl can dance. . .Matt had to go to extreme measures to get his "hip action" goin'! He's gonna be hurtin' after what they'll put him through!

Kristi--help is right, maybe we can share ideas!!!

Audra--hilarious. I think you should add another pedi/mani on there "just because"--and maybe even make yourself a fab card!

dalene said...

So fun! That is a perfect gift. Glad you got treated right today!

Carina said...

He wuuuuves you.

Deb said...

Major brownie points for Matt! You are going to have a blast! He beat me hands down... I got Casey a snow shovel. Now how's that for romantic?

Lisa said...

Yeah! Can I come see you perform?!?

wendysue said...

LVC-I know they have a performance night on the last night, so I'll check it out. . . .it'll be just like when we were roomies at good ol Heritage Halls! I think we're going to stay at Tiff's while we're down there at the camp, but we'll for sure need to hang out that week! (and maybe 4th of July too like last year!)

~j. said...

You're such a lucky valentine!

I'd love to get together if you have time while you're in town.

More Caffiene, Please said...

Now that is love. Good for you!

Lisa said...

Lets spend the Fourth together like last year--that was so fun!

Rachel H said...

SOOOO Jealous! I went to the Y in the mid 90's and took all the classes too! I live in Ohio and actaully every year go to the Ohio Star Ball which was recently on PBS, and this year got to MEET Tony and Elena! SOO COOL! I am totally telling my hubby about this!
(Back in the day, I did my Gold medal in international Standard dance with Lee Wakefeild.)

Rachel H said...

WensySue-
Yeah- I just sort of randomly clicked a link to your blog, and so fell upon your post about DANCING! (Which, if I had another life, I would be doing every single day of it!) I got to the Y in 1995- so we just missed eachother!

I started reading tales last spring, and talked to Kage via email because I modeled for like 10 years and was excited to meet an LDS girl doing that too. I went to NYC last summer and we were going to meet up but she ended up having to work! Anyway- this blogging thing is so much fun- getting to "meet" cool lds moms and get peek into eachother's lives. Very fun. Are you guys in Utah? My MIL and my SIL live in Alpine and Cottonwood

sue-donym said...

What a perfect gift! Lucky You!

QueenScarlett said...

CONGRATS!!! How exciting...*sigh* I have fond memories of BYU days... I loved in Heritage Freshman year and then spent the rest at the FLSR. I LOVED Ballroom dancing... let us live vicariously though you...pictures...video. ;-)

Sister Pottymouth said...

Ooooo how fun! Good for you! The blogger party sounds awesome. Count me in!

angie said...

I kind of spyed on your blog tonight! what a beautiful family!!

wendysue said...
This comment has been removed by the author.