Monday, February 04, 2008

Idiocy, pure and simple.

Dear Spammers, if you want me to fall for your stupid emails (which I won't), perhaps you should at least spell most of your words correctly, and be sure that they contain correct grammar (I've added the parentheses to help them out). . .

Case in point (an email I received this morning):

We Recently noticed one or more attempts to log in to your PayPal account from (A?) foreign IP adress and we have reasons to believe that your account was hijacked by a third party without your authorization.

If you recently noticed one or more attempts (ON?) your account while traveling, the unusual log in attempts may have been initiated by you. However, if your are (THE?) rightful holder of the account, click on the link below to log into your account and fallow the intrusctions.
http://www.paypaaccount-update.com/webscr/ (I'm guessing they wanted this to actually be paypaLaccount)
If you choose to ignore our request, you leave us no choise but temporaly suspend (YOUR?) account.
We ask that you fallow at least 72 hours for the case to be investigated and we strongly recomanded (THAT YOU?) verify your account in that time.If you recived this notice and you are not the authorized account holder, please be aware that it is in violation of PayPal policy to represent oneself as another PayPal user. Such action may also be in violation of local, national, and/or international law. Paypal is misappropriate (I have no idea what they were trying to say here) at the request of law enforment agencies to ensure that perpetrators are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.Thanks for your patiance as we work togheter to protect your account.Sincerly,
PayPal Account Review Department
*Do not replay (TO?) this e-mail your reply will not be recived

8 comments:

Hollie said...

Idiots or should I say Ideoats?

b. said...

That is hysterical! I have never paid attention to all the errors in grammar and spelling.
My sp@m mostly centers around offering me a b!gger j0hns0n or something about a pen1s. What's that about?

wendysue said...

b. I usually don't pay too much attention either, but today I figured I'd open it just to see what they were trying these days. . .so crazy.

Lyle said...

I love all money I've won from the European lotteries that I've never entered.


But I guess the saying goes: a fool and his money [personal information] are soon parted.

Anonymous said...

A fun website to go to regarding the email scams is 419eater.com. Be sure to check out "The Trophy Room" & the "Hall of Shame."

Carrot Jello said...

Even Miss Spellers need jobs. Gosh!

wendysue said...

carrot--so true. Where is my sympathy for the poor, poor spammers?

Bek said...

The worst part is that some people still fall for it, I am sure.

I just want you all to know that I have an e mail from a former prince of Nigeria and he just needs 10,000$ which he will pay back RIGHT AWAY if you will send him a check. Let me know if you want more info... ;-)

Have you seen the commencials where they have people approach people in a bar or bus and give the same "pitch" in person (w/ bad grammar and all). The catch line is "there is a reason they don't do this in person". I guess for some people, there is a reason they shouldn't do it via e mail...