Monday, November 05, 2007

I'm stirring and stirring my brew. . . .

Day two (three, four) is coming. . .I promise. . .but in the meantime. .





BOO! Here's some pictures from our Halloween. . .


punkins. . .
Here's our trunk or treat car. . .Me and the girls, I'm some sort of spider woman, something or other. . .Our monster car. . .Roar. . . . The girlies. . .Madison, here in vintage 70's (courtesy of my fabulous Mom.. . .I mean check out that outfit!), afro wig, platforms and shades. .

Molly. . .the PERFECT Dorothy. Although, truth be told, it's all about the dog. .

Whitney. . .our little Minnie (or as she said Mimmie). Adorable.

And now onto the food!!! Here's a look back at last years goodies. . .

Spider jello, devilish eggs. . .(eww. .even the hardboiled eggs were an orangey/brown/looking like a 1,000 year old egg color),



a mummy and ghost pineapple brought their goodies. . .(grapes dressed up like a cucumber) Oreo eyeballs anyone??
And spider cupcakes. . .



These were quite a treat! I made "Bat wings". . .acutally just chicken wings with a teryaki sauce and some green and blue food coloring. . .they looked down right nasty but they were delish. .you just had to eat with your eyes closed!
And the throw up pumpkin was back this year for the taco dip! Also, not pictured (stew, spagetti and meatballs and GOOULash)

Here's my brain cupcakes. .
The classic quote of the night has to come from sweet Whitney, after she had already licked off the frosting of two cupcakes with tears running down her face. .
"more brains please. . "







6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Whitney did get a small amount of brains too which she promptly replied.

"happy now."

Bek said...

Awesome!!! I love the food, that has to be the best Halloween food ever!

The girls look great. Your Dorothy is perfect (it really IS about the dog, huh?). I have seen that afro before.... but great vintage stuff. W is the perfect Minnie. Cute stuff!

Lyle said...

Those where some awesome Halloween dishes...I should have brought some putrid punch.

The CEO said...

FANTASTIC!!! Glad to see you kept the Mar Halloween spirit. We miss you. Shanna

Callie said...

Way cute costumes! I love the van. At David's work someone made a cracker spread molded into a brain. It had the texture of jello but a cream cheese flavor. It had a fleshy tone to it. I was afraid to try it. It was really good though. Yours looks really scary as well.:)

Deborah Gamble said...

The ghost pineapples are terrific!