Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Little Leo Lost

As promised here is the story of when we lost "swimming Leo" (see previous post. . )

We, of course, have to take "soft" rocket and any number of Whitney's "friends" when we're out and about. On one such Saturday, somewhere between Lowes, Home Depot and Menards (another hardware store), swimming Leo was lost. I had no clue where, so we decided oh, well, he was gone.

Fast forward about 3 weeks later.

We are shopping (again!) at Menards and wander over by the tiles/grout, etc. She mentions something about "swimming" and I say, "Oh, you want to go swimming??", I'm only half listening and go on looking at tile. Eventually it dawns on me, as she is leaning over the side of the cart willing herself toward the "information desk" about 20 feet away for this area and is pointing, pointing, pointing!!! I push her over there and sure enough, amongst some random lost McDonalds happy meal toys, there is a smiling Swimming Leo waiting patiently for Whitney to come back and get him.

She had the biggest grin on her face all the way home.

6 comments:

QueenScarlett said...

Those little Einsteins are smart... stay in one location until the Momma comes back. ;-)

Ahnah said...

Hee hee. What a good swimming Leo to stay in one place until he was found!

Jon Conradt said...

A week ago Hannah and I were in a mall in the East Bay. As we are walking along I hear a young girl in terror. I look over and a three year old hispanic girl is screaming in panic and running randomly through the mall.

Fortunately, I had Hannah with me so I got on one knee and calmed the girl down. She did not speak English but she stopped running long enough for her father to catch up. In her panic she was running away from her parents through a HUGE mall full of strangers.

If only she was as smart as Swimming Leo.

Jon

Sister Pottymouth said...

I love this story. It makes my heart happy when a child finds a favorite toy.

Mary Ann Carlile said...

What a great story:)

Hollie said...

Now, that is an amazing story!