Tuesday, November 11, 2008

make 'em with butter, sugar and flour. . .


One of my favorite memories of growing up was making cookies with my mom. That house ALWAYS had cookies. We would sit around a big bowl of dough and use our little spoons to place the cookies on the sheets and always eat WAY too much dough and end up with tummy aches. But it was all for a good cause. Whitney and I made cookies today ("I'm a good cooker"). Mainly for Madison. . . she's going to "Heritage school" tomorrow and I wanted to make some snickerdoodles (and choc. chip for us) for her to take. I'll post about that later with her cute picture.
Anyway, Whitney was my little "helper" today. Even though it took longer (letting her measure things out, completely smooshing the eggs--so a lot of extra time spent retrieving the shells, and counting each cookie as it was put on the sheet, she (and I) had a fabulous time. But Whitney and I agree the best part about making cookies is licking the beater.



Don't you love my apron?? I didn't ever work there, but my sis-in-law did and she snagged it for me when she quit. . thanks Tiff!!!

Did anyone else sing this song when they were little??

Chocolate chip cookies, you'll always have more, you can bake 'em in the oven or buy them at the store but whatever you do, have 'em waitin' at the door and I'll love you forevermore.

Make 'em with butter, sugar and flour, bake 'em in the oven 'bout a quarter of an hour, and whatever you do have 'em waitin' at the door and I'll love you forevermore. . .

5 comments:

The CEO said...

How fun. I need more patience in the cooking/craft/kids department. You're such a GREAT mom. Shanna

Rachelle said...

I don't know that song... that is cute. I love your cookie tradition. !!

Anonymous said...

Great pics--and I love that your SIL got you an apron!

Lisa said...

Weird: I just took this CD out of storage and started listening to it the last three days straight. . . .! Crazy!!! I hadn't listened to it in years (um, college. . .)

kteuscher said...

I don't know that one but I think I need to add it to my playlist, could you sing for me?