Wednesday, August 02, 2006

What I learned from my summer vacation(s). . .


Having spent 3 of the last 4 weeks on vacation with extended family here's what I've learned. . .
--I'm not sure I believe in that "you get to pick your family" pre-mortal business. . .
--games are fun but not the "pass-around-the-stomach-flu" game.
--not everybody "parents" the same
--sibling rivalry still exists, well past the ages of 10-12 (I think it maybe just got worse--oops.)
--When you're 32, you can't survive on 4 hours of sleep a night, like you did when you were 22.
--having not played golf in 8 years, you may not want to pick it up and play for 1 hour solid on a "golf simulator" game.
--DDR (Dance, Dance Revolution) put me in my place.
--Sunscreen is a good thing.
--2 out of 3 kids puking in a car for 14 hours does not equal a "good trip."
BUT
--Apsen Grove is an amazing family camp

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, puking kids. A vacation must! I'm glad you're home safe and sound. Thanks for reminding me why our family summer vacation is a trip to the Bean Museum.

~j. said...

I really like that photo, Wendy.